Certification Strategies for Success
The first lesson of each certification playlist in iCEV reviews tips and resources iCEV offers to make certifying easier. Explore highlights of our tips and resources for educators and learners here.
Certification Strategies for Success Video
Top 5 Certification Strategies for Success
1. Activate the Pre-Test Feature
- Gives learners exposure to a certification exam experience
- Helps set expectations for the certification process
- Allows you to measure growth
2. Begin with the End in Mind: Review the Review
- Prior to beginning other preparation materials, you could encourage learners to study the Review Lesson to decide what concepts and skills should be focused on when preparing to take the certification exam
3. Encourage Learners to Complete the Review Lesson Assessments
- These are accompanying practice tests
4. Utilize Report Data
- It can be used to provide you with feedback on your teaching OR can be used as a bragging tool with administrators and the community
- iCEV offers both general certification reporting, as well as reporting features to show growth from pre-test to the certification exam
5. Complete the Certification Yourself
- See how the process works and what areas you feel your students may struggle with or need additional help
- Teachers can now certify for FREE
Special accommodations are available for certification candidates with current 504 Plans and/or Individualized Education Plans (IEPs). To request special accommodations for a certification candidate, please visit the accommodations page.
Example Assessment Questions
Get to know the different formats questions are asked in the certification preparation material versus the certification exam so your students may focus on mastering concepts versus memorizing.