Center for Financial Responsibility Personal Financial Literacy Certification
The Center for Financial Responsibility Personal Financial Literacy Certification verifies individuals possess the ability to successfully navigate vital monetary decisions which affect both their personal and professional lives.
Meeting the Industry Need
The certification assesses industry-valued and industry-recognized standards produced by the Center for Financial Responsibility, a premier institution which works closely with professionals in the field to lead the way in financial education.
The certification validates the knowledge and skills pertaining to credit cards, loans, retirement, investments and mortgages. Those who earn the certification are more qualified and prepared to make informed financial choices, perform better in the workplace and achieve long-term financial success, no matter what job they choose. Additionally, the certification allows employers to identify and connect with more skilled candidates, filling gaps in the labor market and jump-starting individuals’ careers.
The certification exam consists of 100 questions and assesses knowledge and concepts from the following weighted industry standards:
- Money Personality Identification
- Financial Goal Development
- Strategies for Meeting Financial Goals
- SMART Goal Setting Techniques
Investments & Risk Management
- Investment Options
- Saving Techniques
- Investing Risk & Return Relationships
- Retirement & Estate Planning Methods
- Risk Management Strategies
- Insurance Overview
- Sources & Types of Credit
- Credit Reports & Scores
- Borrowing Processes
- Education & Training Costs
Banking Options & Records
- Types of Financial Service Providers
- Products & Services Offered by Financial Institutions
- Types of Banking Accounts
- Financial Record Maintenance
- Financial Statement Interpretation
Taxes & Paychecks
- Tax Types
- Tax Liabilities & Related Forms
- Tax Returns
- Tax Breaks, Deductions, Credits & Exemptions
- Employee Compensation & Benefits
Major Purchasing Decisions
- Home-Buying Process
- Amortization/Mortgage Payment Structure
- Types of Mortgages
- Car-Buying Process
- Incorporating a Major Purchase into a Budget
Optional Certification Preparation Materials
The iCEV online curriculum platform offers a variety of preparatory content and resources designed to prepare individuals to earn industry certifications.
Featured Support Letters
View letters from businesses and organizations expressing their support of the certification.
About the Center for Financial Responsibility
The Center for Financial Responsibility is committed to enhancing the financial wellbeing of both individuals and families. The Center advances these causes by supporting multiple initiatives such as backing research surrounding important policy issues in the financial planning industry and hosting outreach programs to promote future financial success.
Empower Your Learners to Career Success