How to Create a Custom Course
Do you prefer to build a course from scratch rather than using a pre-built iCEV course playlist? Follow these steps to build a fully customized course for your needs!
1. Add New Course or Certification
- At the top right of the My Courses page, click the Add +New Course/Certification button
2. Create a Custom Course
- From the course creation page, click the Create a Custom Course link in the top right of the screen.
3. Enter a Course Title
- Type the name of your course in the Course Title field. This is how the course will appear on your My Courses page. Example: If you are teaching "Accounting I" in second period, you could name it "2nd Period - Accounting I."
4. Search for Lessons
- In the Search for Lessons box on the left, you can search for lessons by All Playlists, By Cluster, or Alphabetically.
- To locate a lesson to include in your course, type a keyword in the By Title or Keyword box
- Click Go
5. Select a Lesson
- After the list of results is shown, you can choose to Preview a lesson to confirm it's what you want to add
- When you are ready, click Select to add the lesson to your course
6. Repeat to Add More Lessons
- If you wan tot add any additional lessons, repeat steps 2-5 to add the remainder of them to your course.
7. Reorder Lessons
- After choosing all of the lessons, you can arrange them by selecting and dragging lessons to place them in your desired order.
8. Save & Exit
- When you finish adding lessons to your course, click the Save & Exit button on the top-right of the screen.
- Your course will now be visible on the My Courses screen and you can further customize it from there as needed!