About the Course
The Introduction to Welding course will provide an introduction to welding technology with an emphasis on basic welding laboratory principles and operating procedures. Students will be introduced to the three basic welding processes. Topics include hand tool and power machine use, measurement, welding career potentials and introduction to welding codes and standards.
- Total Lessons: 20
- Grade Level: 9th-12th
- Projects, Activities & Assessments: 400
SAMPLE LESSON | Shielded Metal Arc Welding: Preparation & Safety
Each lesson includes media-rich presentations, a pre-made lesson plan, assessments and engaging real-world projects and activities. To get an idea of what iCEV offers, explore the sample lesson and resources below.
- Welding Shop Safety
- Measurement in Construction
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding: Preparation & Safety
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding: AWS EDU-6 Entry Level Welder Qualification Test
- Oxy-Fuel Cutting
- Gas Metal Arc Welding: Aluminum
- Virtual Job Descriptions for Welding
- Welding Blueprints & Symbols
- Introduction to Metals
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding: 6010 Electrodes
- Oxy-Acetylene Welding: Safety & Introduction
- Gas Metal Arc Welding: Equipment, Set-Up & Maintenance
- Gas Metal Arc Welding: Sheet Metal
- Field Trip: Lincoln Electric
- Mathematics in Welding
- Welding Inspection & Testing
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding: 7018 Electrodes
- Oxy-Fuel Welding & Brazing
- Gas Metal Arc Welding: Carbon Steel
- Gas Metal Arc Welding: Stainless Steel
Empower Your Learners to Career Success
It’s time to stop being overwhelmed by your responsibilities and requirements. With iCEV, you have everything you need to plan courses, certify students, and prepare them for success - all in one place. Our easy-to-use, comprehensive CTE solution provides you the necessary resources and systems to do your best work.
Sign up today and change your learners’ lives.